10.01.2010

The first in a series

I can't seem to get it up enough to leave the house these days, unless I have to for one reason and another. At least I am fulfilling my obligations. Is it the change in season? The sobriety after 6 months of craziness and drunk? Perhaps not quite, since I am 3 glasses into a litre and a half of "fine table wine"... Maybe I just need the time alone after these past months of running away from my thoughts. Time to face reality. Result? I can't go anywhere. That's okay.

What really gets me is that sense of powerlessness. The question of emotion; are they given freely or taken willfully? Who has the real control? What can I do to get myself back and would I choose to if I could? At least I know what feeling is like. Currently it is a raw pain. Oh, well.

Enough drama and on to pretty pictures of Autumn. Manitoba, it turns out that I love you.
(It feels good to say it to something that won't turn sour...until the dead of winter, that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment